International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Sooo cute! How long do you leave the baby quail in with the chicks? Adorable!! Congratulations on your new chicks!

Thank you :) this is only my second time raising up quail but last time, I was able to just keep them in with them with no terrible till it was time for them to go their seperate ways outside. I like raising different sized, aged, and types of chicks together. It seems to make them more accepting as adults when I add younger birds to their pen or have to combine species. I have turkeys, geese, chickens, and young silkies happily sharing a pen right now that they didn't a share a month ago. No problems :)

3 chicks hatched out of 70 eggs .

post man .
received the one week later .

I bought about 20 chooks yesterday .layer and cockerels chicks mixture of breed .

I bought as well one gorgeous and unique cockerel

chooks man

monique is willing to send me eggs again but I have been so discouraged by previous experience. shipping eggs to greece is mission impossible.

I have just discovered a farm that breed blue cuckoo marans:ya

@Chooks man if I get a blue cuckoo roo what would I get if I mate him to bc hen?

how can we create partridge marans?
Marans_Patrijs_hen.jpg

Last edited:
@Chooks man if I get a blue cuckoo roo what would I get if I mate him to bc hen?

how can we create partridge marans?
View attachment 1633513

Blue cuckoo rooster{ silver ?} Over Black copper hen ,you ll get many varieties .
if the rooster is a double barred silver Blue cuckoo ,than all the F1 will be barred .some Blue and some black .
pullets will be all barred silver cuckoo with a Red Leakage .
all the cockerels will be dark impure cuckoo .blue and black.

the beauty is when you mate the F1 X F1 to get F2 .
F2 will have all sort of colours from pure Black copper to pure Cuckoo and Birchen . blue and Black .
crossing a Cuckoo cockerel to a BC hen is a proper way to recreate a Birchen pattern,after few generation of selective breeding.

Ah the Partridge pattern eb marans don t have it . marans do have a Salmon e+

chooks man

monique is willing to send me eggs again but I have been so discouraged by previous experience. shipping eggs to greece is mission impossible.

I have just discovered a farm that breed blue cuckoo marans:ya

I think you should get those eggs from Monique .never stop trying .what the worst thing is going to happen to them ,they ll break or don t hatch .I don t see the problem .
we have to be resilient .never give up .keep trying .one bad experience should not spoil the life journey .

I had many many bad experiences with a post man but I hatched as well over a thousand eggs from the post man too .
one bad day does not make stop .

I think you should get them .any body agree with me in here .

chooks man

@chickengr

build your house and your chooks pens , leave the marans chooks to me .I ll get them to you . I promise
I ll get you a pure marans from Monique and Philippe as well . I ll arrange the transport .

leave this mater to me I ll work my way around it .I ll get the eggs to you 100% .I ll find a way .there is many way to do it .

chooks man

Any with green zip ties on their legs are olive eggers but there's only 4 of them in there. The other 6 are BCM. Don't mind any photo bombing quail...

View attachment 1631369 View attachment 1631371 View attachment 1631374 View attachment 1631379 View attachment 1631384 View attachment 1631389 View attachment 1631395

love they body type .chunky plum chicks ,true marans type .
some of them have too much white ,
they all have a correct Blue /green eyes .great sigh of orange eyes when mature .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom