Interpretation of breed standards

TinaK

Songster
9 Years
Feb 12, 2010
Australia
Hi
frow.gif

I'm looking to start showing my muscovy ducks. I have a couple that I think would go OK so I am entering in a few local shows around the place.

I have a question with regards to interpretation of breed standards. Here is Australia our revised Poultry Standards have just been released. A member from here (duckyfromoz) was kind enough to scan me the muscovy pages and send them over.

I want to know how to interpret the section on legs and leg colouring. I have posted the standard with regards to legs below.

Ok so that is all clear.... what I wish to have clarified is in regards to the colour of the legs....

Do the legs and webs need to be one uniform colour all over? Or can the legs be black and the webs be a dusky yellow?

The more I read the more I am sure that the legs can be of a different colour to the webs.... I was hoping that someone on here could confirm for me.

Thanks in advance!

Hi
frow.gif

I'm looking to start showing my muscovy ducks. I have a couple that I think would go OK so I am entering in a few local shows around the place.

I have a question with regards to interpretation of breed standards. Here is Australia our revised Poultry Standards have just been released. A member from here (duckyfromoz) was kind enough to scan me the muscovy pages and send them over.

I want to know how to interpret the section on legs and leg colouring. I have posted the standard with regards to legs below.

Ok so that is all clear.... what I wish to have clarified is in regards to the colour of the legs....

Do the legs and webs need to be one uniform colour all over? Or can the legs be black and the webs be a dusky yellow?

The more I read the more I am sure that the legs can be of a different colour to the webs.... I was hoping that someone on here could confirm for me.

Thanks in advance!
I know of 1 person who shows their Muscovies on here there maybe more, but Rose Comb Ryan shows, maybe PM him and he would clarify things.

Back
Top Bottom