On Way:
12 Silkie Eggs from KentuckySilkies
200 more Coturnix eggs from 2 sources
12 Ameracaunas eggs
8 Wellsummer eggs
25 Bobwhite Quail eggs

I haven't told the wife yet.

We still have 6 turkeys, 5 cornish x, and 14 fryers DESTROYING my barn
that we have no room to put in freezers.

I hate chickens.

lau.gif
gig.gif

It is very addicting.

Quote:
We were. The house was on the market. NOTHING.
So, we took it off the market and will try again in spring.

I think my silkies told potential buyers we had mold and they may
have threatened our real estate agent too. He just starts shaking
when he walks near the barn.
idunno.gif

Lurky, want some silkies???
tongue.png

"I hate chickens."

Yeah you do.......BUT.....WE love hatching even when we have
NO place to put the hatches.
smack.gif

18 buttons hatched this last week and 26 coturnix setting in brooder on my...Kitchen table
barnie.gif

19 more just hatched coturnix on my washing machine.
th.gif

done hatchen at the moment.

BBUUTTT.. just put 42 corturnix in the bator yesterday..They will stop laying soon?? only had 2 yesterday. It's getting colder.

thumbsup.gif

O.K., the chicken hatching police are on their way. They will take your bators and eggs away from you. The mailings of eggs will be diverted to a new address and YOU will be dealt with accordingly.

15239_fishing.gif

like OMG... what are you doing !!!

My wife went away for a few weeks just recently. I simply followed her directions, kinda, and ended up with a bator full of barn eggs and two brooders full of chickies IN THE HOUSE and the nursery was getiting a work out.

WELL, she came home and all hell broke loose. She marched the bator out to the nursery, told me to take all the chickens that were old enough out there and by God I had better get rid of the rest of them ASAP.

Yes, this disease can cuase emotional distress, family upheavels and dire consequinces.

Hope you have a way to hide your supply !!

Remember, act dumb and never admit that you have a problem unles it is on this site. We are here to help you through this, not the problem, the HATCHINGS !!!

Yes, we know sneaky and pehaps terrible ways to help you through this. But hey, we have to unite !!

Good Luck !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see, I have 3,about 6 week old chick in a small pen by the large pen that holds the 9 mutts, I have one of those 6 week olds in a box in the bedroom on the enterainment center because she has some kind of leg problems which seem to just be getting worse, an outside brooder (technically I have 6 small pens that can be equipped with lights for outside brooders-outside being in the back shed which is open to the large pens) has 11 mixed chicks in it about 4 weeks old, I think, then the indoor brooders, one has the serama chicks and the barred rock x dominique chick the other has the 16 marans and australorps. In the first bator I have 11 welsummer eggs, 6 mille fleur, some Japanese bantams and some unknown eggs. Someone, I won't mention your name here lol, is sending me some much needed quail eggs next week. The other bator will be the hatcher if I can fit all the eggs into the first bator.
I am not addicted. I tell Phil I am planning for the future when we all can't afford to buy food anymore. So far it is working.
big_smile.png

Becky

Oh, I meant to mention that I am still looking for salmon favorelles, crevecoeur, sultans, bantam ameraucanas, dark cornish...darn I'll have to go get the list to finish, lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom