Interview me

@Silkies4Days - What made you first decide to start keeping chickens??
We hatched them in an Ag class, and we got to take them home if we wanted them. I absolutely loved them, and so I took them!
@Silkies4Days - How many chickens do you currently keep??
3, but I will be giving a rooster away soon. I have 2 roos and one hen, and that is very unhealthy for the hen. The roo I'm giving away is also a pain in the butt.
@Silkies4Days - Can you tell us a little bit about your chickens - what are there names and where did you get them?? :D
Peanut is a very stupid, messy, adorable idiot, but she is the prettiest (in my opinion). She got POW a few weeks ago! She's a buff bearded silkie.
Marshmallow fluff is a very elegant, graceful, loud rooster and is beautiful but isn't bearded. She's a white, nonbearded silkie.
Cookie is a pain in the actual butt and will spur/bite you if you get too close. He also attacks a certain pair of shoes I wear. He's a nonbearded showgirl gray silkie. He's the one I'm giving away : O

It was recently around 6 degrees (Fahrenheit) and that's the coldest it's been so far.
Whoa! Now there's a fun fact I never knew. I always think of Alabama as hot all the time.

The coldest we've had it in WI so far, was 7F. Last year this time it was -27F, so we're getting a bit of a warmer start to winter. We have about 3-4" of snow. We shovel paths for the silkies and they'll come out as far as we shoveled.

Cookie is a pain in the actual butt and will spur/bite you if you get too close. He also attacks a certain pair of shoes I wear. He's a nonbearded showgirl gray silkie. He's the one I'm giving away : O
I would too, for two reasons: One, you may already know, I do not like showgirls. IMO, they have a face only a mother could love, and two, I don't put up with nonsense from the roosters. When their hormones hit and they turn into idiots, they get about a month to straighten their ways or they wind up penned up for a few weeks, and if that doesn't fix them, they are toast. I've learned from one I had that was such a pet and turned mean, that someone wanted to give him a shot as they had no roosters. He went there and got his own flock and was wonderful for them.

I would too, for two reasons: One, you may already know, I do not like showgirls. IMO, they have a face only a mother could love, and two, I don't put up with nonsense from the roosters. When their hormones hit and they turn into idiots, they get about a month to straighten their ways or they wind up penned up for a few weeks, and if that doesn't fix them, they are toast. I've learned from one I had that was such a pet and turned mean, that someone wanted to give him a shot as they had no roosters. He went there and got his own flock and was wonderful for them.
I'm not a fan of showgirls either. I was given 3, and he's my last one. The ones they gave me were "the most likely to be hens" and they were ALL showgirls. I think that she just wanted to get rid of the showgirls. 2 of them were not hens. They were not very pretty. The prettiest showgirl I had, I lost to a raccoon. I really wish I still had her, she was sweet and very pretty.

Thanks for the invite Silkies4Days! What's your favourite colour Silkie? Random but I needed a question!! Personally, mine is a partridge! Also, how do you link someone's name into a message? I've been trying to figure it out the whole time I have been on but can't figure out how (what are the bets it is really easy tho)!

Back
Top Bottom