Intestinal bacteria

I was asking what the vet found: staph or strep. But I'm clearly stupid. I will refrain from speaking about it and leave it to experts to discuss.
No. You're not being stupid! I don't know. I'd need to do another test. "Gram positive cocci" is how it's listed on the report.

I don't believe their coccidia, as young ones, was that bad. There was never blood or any stool weirdness. I treated the minute they said they didn't feel well (puffed up and pouty) and they improved within 12 hours.

And to clarify...Joey's "vigor" is fine. Only thing that's off is her poo. Although, now she's miserable, because she's COVERED in pin feathers. Poor thing. I guess, I'll order the "gut soothe", do a b complex and if that doesn't work, look more closely at what's present in her gut.

"Gram positive cocci" is how it's listed on the report.
[/QUOTE]
Gram positive cocci is not coccidiosis, which is why we do’t abbreviate coccidiosis as “cocci” anymore. Coccidia is a protozoan parasite. Gram positive cocci could be a staph or strep bacteria, or other coccus. Gram negative cocci examples would be Neiseria gonorrhea, N. meningitidis, H. influenzae (which is classified as coccobacillus.) Here are examples of different cocci bacteria:
1610286690290.jpeg

Last edited:
"Gram positive cocci" is how it's listed on the report.
Gram positive cocci is not coccidiosis, which is why we do’t abbreviate coccidiosis as “cocci” anymore. Coccidia is a protozoan parasite. Gram positive cocci could be a staph or strep bacteria, or other coccus. Gram negative cocci examples would be Neiseria gonorrhea, N. meningitidis, H. influenzae (which is classified as coccobacillus.) Here are examples of different cocci bacteria:
View attachment 2483526
[/QUOTE]
I know that and I was clear in the original post that I know that. I'm just quoting what was on the report. I know what the options are, but I, currently, don't know which it is.

I was asking what the vet found: staph or strep. But I'm clearly stupid. I will refrain from speaking about it and leave it to experts to discuss.
I'm surprised your offended that I asked folks to be clear and please not abbreviate cocci since it doesn't actually help any one and creates all kinds of confusion. A simple request blown out of proportion. :hmm

I never ever claim myself to be an expert.. I learn something new every day.. and KNOW that we are all doing our best to help. And even so called experts are not the know all end all to everything and are still speaking only according to their CURRENT comprehension and experience. The smartest and brightest mind KNOW they are VERY limited in their understanding.. that's NOT the same as stupid. But pity parties are best left to individuals.. so have at it if that's what makes sense you.. chicken friend.. Please DON'T let one persons comment CONTROL your actions.. everything you do is a choice including being offended by me expressing that we have TOOOO many words in the English language with the same sound but different meaning.. You KNOW this.. Either way.. my request was NOT a personal attack.. I mean NO arrogance or cockiness.. and just HOPE to help my fellow animal keepers. My apology that it didn't come across as such or wasn't perceived or expressed MOST appropriately. :hugs

Also I've seen plenty of fantastic and informative post made by you. The only reason I even wasted my effort is because I DON'T think you're stupid.

Aside from that.. experts can benefit from fresh naive perspective at times.. instead of whatever they are SO focused on.

I know that and I was clear in the original post that I know that. I'm just quoting what was on the report.
Yes, you did! And I'm just trying to make sure that stays clear since some were asking about coccidiosis.. and many folks including myself jump in at times without having read the entire thread maybe only scanned it and etc.. I don't presume what anyone read, missed, or comprehended or that I might have misunderstood.. so reiterating the DETAILS.. was my attempt to make sure everyone is on approximately the SAME page, looking at the same clues, etc.

I am chicken family and friend.. not chicken perfect. :highfive:

I'm surprised your offended that I asked folks to be clear and please not abbreviate cocci since it doesn't actually help any one and creates all kinds of confusion. A simple request blown out of proportion. :hmm

I never ever claim myself to be an expert.. I learn something new every day.. and KNOW that we are all doing our best to help. And even so called experts are not the know all end all to everything and are still speaking only according to their CURRENT comprehension and experience. The smartest and brightest mind KNOW they are VERY limited in their understanding.. that's NOT the same as stupid. But pity parties are best left to individuals.. so have at it if that's what makes sense you.. chicken friend.. Please DON'T let one persons comment CONTROL your actions.. everything you do is a choice including being offended by me expressing that we have TOOOO many words in the English language with the same sound but different meaning.. You KNOW this.. Either way.. my request was NOT a personal attack.. I mean NO arrogance or cockiness.. and just HOPE to help my fellow animal keepers. My apology that it didn't come across as such or wasn't perceived or expressed MOST appropriately. :hugs

Also I've seen plenty of fantastic and informative post made by you. The only reason I even wasted my effort is because I DON'T think you're stupid.

Aside from that.. experts can benefit from fresh naive perspective at times.. instead of whatever they are SO focused on.

Yes, you did! And I'm just trying to make sure that stays clear since some were asking about coccidiosis.. and many folks including myself jump in at times without having read the entire thread maybe only scanned it and etc.. I don't presume what anyone read, missed, or comprehended or that I might have misunderstood.. so reiterating the DETAILS.. was my attempt to make sure everyone is on approximately the SAME page, looking at the same clues, etc.

I am chicken family and friend.. not chicken perfect. :highfive:
I wasn't reacting to you, Eggsighted.

Just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was annoyed with you. I appreciate that you offered a suggestion and I have added the b complex. I have pills, so I think I'll pause until she's beyond the pin feather stage, so I don't hurt her trying to get pills done her gullet. I thought she was going to have a medium molt, but it's turned heavy. I think that suggests decent, at minimum, overall health.

I have added the b complex. I have pills, so I think I'll pause until she's beyond the pin feather stage, so I don't hurt her trying to get pills done her gullet.
Easiest administered by dissolving in the water.. if it doesn't alter the flavor too much and decrease intake.

If taste does effect palatability of water then adding into a moist snack or crushing and top dressing feed can be good alternatives when needed.

Noting again.. in case I forgot to state it or it got missed previously.. NO supplement should be given longer than 10 days in a row. :fl

Back
Top Bottom