Intestinal shedding or potential cocci poop?

shaila

Songster
Dec 30, 2018
Alabama, USA
I noticed today that one of my pullets, approx 5mo, is making poop that is kind of cecal-like in consistency but without notable scent and containing bloody tissue. I'm aware that sometimes a little bit of intestinal lining passes without concern, but this looks like a bit much.

20210415_163328.jpg 20210415_163456.jpg

The pullet has been slightly less active, but the weather has been warming up a bit and she has a small comb, plus she's been getting pestered by a hormonal cockerel (in the awkward "loving" way). She generally looks okay, been eating/drinking and filling out as expected.

I picked up corid 9.6% oral solution, but I'd like some additional opinions.

I noticed today that one of my pullets, approx 5mo, is making poop that is kind of cecal-like in consistency but without notable scent and containing bloody tissue. I'm aware that sometimes a little bit of intestinal lining passes without concern, but this looks like a bit much.

View attachment 2618513 View attachment 2618514

The pullet has been slightly less active, but the weather has been warming up a bit and she has a small comb, plus she's been getting pestered by a hormonal cockerel (in the awkward "loving" way). She generally looks okay, been eating/drinking and filling out as expected.

I picked up corid 9.6% oral solution, but I'd like some additional opinions.
The poop looks mucusy also, I would assume cocci... even if it’s not, it will not hurt to put everyone on Corid even if they don’t have cocci.

I refreshed all the water sources and dosed corid last night, but while the pullet is still doing okay now, one of my cockerels became very weak and passed this morning. I'm intending to send the cockerel to state lab for necropsy and if cocci (or something else contagious) is underfoot in my flock, hopefully that'll show up.

Back
Top Bottom