Into lockdown for the first time ever

alright its today...
did you candle yet???
please let me know im in suspence!!!!
thumbsup.gif
caf.gif

yes i candled this morning couldn realy see much to be honest nothing into the aircell thought i saw movement but could of just been my eyes lol couldnt see any veins though so im not sure have been able to keep humidity at 66% since 6.00pm yesterday god knows whats going on with it
sad.png

yes im just going to leave it be for today try and keep temps and humidity stable and concentrate on my 2 babies running round
smile.png
you never know something may happen ,just one question though would it be harder to see veins at this stage and also if the baby had died wouldnt there be a smell by now ?

i would be harder to see the vains yes..
if it died.... mmmmm im not sure.. i hear that they do smell really bad let me ask around and ill get RIGHT BACK to you
smile.png

hi im back alright so
it might variey since you have a full grown chick in that egg and could take longer to start "smelling" but it doesnt take long at all
some one candled on day 10 and by day 12 when she opened it the smell made her sick..
smile.png

like i said keep your head up
smile.png
you still have plenty of time
now are you prepared to "help" if it needs it?? or are you just going to let nature take its corse??

I will defo try and help im sure i saw it move this morning it was as if something swayed past the lol like i say though could have been my imagination it was early in the morning
roll.png
,it did have a clear airsac though and was just on one side of the egg quite big though . I was reading posts on here earlier and it was going on about not counting the first day as incubation day i put the eggs in on the evening of the 12th and counted the next morning as day 1 is this right becouse if you dont count the next day that would mean the chick is only 19 days now not 20 gosh its all so confusing

oh and fianlly i have got my temp to stay around 99-100 all day and humidity is at 66% been the same all day also ,still so hot here though
hmm.png

Quote:
You will not see the veins as the chick should have filled up the shell. Also If I have any eggs that have not hatched I leave them in the incubator for a few more days usually to day 25. I have had no issues with the eggs stinking. I did have a surprise before. One egg I was going to toss on day 23 and when I picked it up I heard peeping. It had pipped the bottom side of the egg. I chipped some of the shell away and moistened the membrane and put it back into the hatcher and it hatched. You just never know.

oh dear !!!!
i have good news for you
smile.png

your on day 18!!!!!!! you still have 3 days before it should hatch
smile.png

thats awsome keep those numbers as best as possable
smile.png

you set it on the 12th so 13 to the 14 would be day one 14 to the 15 would be day 2
wink.png

you still have PLENTY of time
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom