Into lockdown for the first time ever

loupan

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 24, 2011
newzealand
Talk about nervous im finally in lockdown had one last look last night airsac good but couldnt realy see any light go through egg its just a big black mass defo bigger then the last time i looked im just praying now everything goes well arrrrrrr no sleep for me for the next few days

Make sure the humidty is around 60 or 70%. Don't make it too high! Also what you're seeing in candling is what it should be.

it should looks like that..
smile.png

the embryo (well, almost chick) is filling up the egg..

good luck..
fl.gif

Good luck. Keep an eye on them and enjoy watching them hatch.

I just finished my second hatch. I figured on my first time, if 1 hatched, I did OK. On my second try, I did very well.

HI!!!!
im also in lockdown.. just started today..
im so excited!!! ill be your hatching buddy if you want one share to eachother what experances we are having
smile.png

i have 9 duck egg in lockdown and i really want to open the bator but im trying not to think about it

big_smile.png
Hi evelle that would be great i need all the support i can get lol im a nervous wreck i only have 1 egg left out of 6 but to be honest i dont think many of them were damaged in transit i wont do that again pick them up myself i think ,it has been a stressfull last few days i stoped seeing the little bugger moving around after day 15 and its been realy worrying me but as i looked last night for the very last time i could see the airsac and literally the whole egg was taken up by a big black blob no light could get through it so very different from the night before amazing how fast they grow ! im just hopeing this means my baby is ok (Beaker) named already lol gosh i realy hope the hatch goes well arrrrrrr

where did you get them from??
did they just not pack them well?
some times they just dont do well sometime they do.. hatching isnt a complete science but we try:)
im sure beaker is doing just fine. around day 15 is when they get to big to move around the small little egg..
smile.png
as long as you see a big ol'fat vain in there somewhere hes fine
smile.png

take a deep breath and enjoy this time.. it isnt as fun when your stressed. now she or he should hatch what december 1st?? or tomarrow?
also they take awhile to hatch..
beaker.. is a very good name
smile.png

what is he or she suposta be?
i think its way awsome for how fast they grow its just amazing!!!

Also to tell you this you are doing a very good job!! this is okay for your first time.. i have heard many many people on here hatching for their first time they got nothing.. so when beaker comes out to say hi think of it as a victory not a loss
smile.png
thats one more then many people out there got!!!
your doing a GREAT JOB!! now to sit and wait a little bit longer

Last edited:
24 wow thats awesome good god i would be a wreck its bad enough with one ha ha ha ha ,evelle its a silky so excited i have 4 shavers i hand reared from day old they are my pride and joy they are very very pampered chooks, i wanted to have some different varietys i just love silkys they are ace ,my husband has bulit me the biggest coop it realy is awesome and we just built an extention onto it ,i am a bit over the top though as soon as it rains im out there putting a plastic sheet ovet the top so they dont get wet ha ha ha there is 3 parts to the chook house now the covered area with a bedroom at the back that they jump into at night then a huge undercover space then a wee door that i lock at night and open in the morning so they go to a huge outdoor area thats all secure so nothing can get them they love it ,it is much better then i ever imagined ,cant wait to put my new chickens in there im picking up 2 silkys that hatched today from a breeder round the corner and im having 2 orpingtons on the weekend hopefully if they hatch and fingers crossed wee beaker will hatch im ever so slightly excited as are my 3 girls ,husband not so much he thinks i have gone bonkers lol
lol.png
I just lovvvvvvvvvvve chickens there great
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom