PLEASE HELP!! Almost day 33 and think my gosling needs help!

i have accidentally about 4 days early for a chicken’s egg before. It hatched just fine and likely didn’t need it. I miscounted the days and thought it was due…
Oh thats great! ok, I might just do it.. should I make just a tiny pin size hole?

Oh thats great! ok, I might just do it.. should I make just a tiny pin size hole?
yep, make sure to candle first and mark the place where you are sure you’re not going to hurt the embryo. take the smallest drill bit and slowly spin back and forth on the egg shell, putting a bit off pressure. When you get to the membrane i like to take a needle and just tear across the membrane area. it’s going to be a fairly small tear.

This is a safety hole I made for a goose egg…

Attachments

• DC64F422-A937-486A-B080-CA864E3ECAC4.jpeg
    DC64F422-A937-486A-B080-CA864E3ECAC4.jpeg
    269.3 KB · Views: 12
yep, make sure to candle first and mark the place where you are sure you’re not going to hurt the embryo. take the smallest drill bit and slowly spin back and forth on the egg shell, putting a bit off pressure. When you get to the membrane i like to take a needle and just tear across the membrane area. it’s going to be a fairly small tear.

This is a safety hole I made for a goose egg…
Perfect! thats EXACTLY what I did. I am really "wishing upon this gosling", my user name is not a joke!!! Thank you so so so much! II'll let you know what happens! 💕😊🐣🤞

Have you checked this egg for any bruises
Just had a duckling bruise the under side just missing the air cell
It happens from time to time
Yes, I looked very closely today (just before I made the safety hole). No internal pip and no bruises. Did the eggs you made holes in BEFORE they internally pipped end up hatching? (and thanks for responding 😊)

Back
Top Bottom