Intro and advice

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mmayhew, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Mmayhew

Mmayhew Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2011
    Hi I'm a new member from marthas vintage MA. I currently have 2 adult buffs and 26 baby chicks (8 days old). The chicks are the first flock we are raising and have had a no issues up until today. One of the baby chicks (black star) is having trouble walking and balancing. She is very wobboly. She has been given electrolytes since day of arrival, grow gell and organic chicken feed. I have changed the hay and water in the brooder every day. Seemed fine yesterday ( i have spent hours watching them) but a very big change today. What should I do?

2. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    [​IMG] from Oklahoma!!! [​IMG]

3. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    Weclome to BYC from a new egger also. I'm glad you joined the crew but so sorry to say that I have no advice for you with your little wobbley chick. I am very green at this myself. Hopefully someone will reply with some type of advice if you haven't gotten any already. Welcome and best of luck with your chicks!! [​IMG]

4. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Pride, La.

I'm not really sure what else you could give her but some vitamins. You can get the infant Polyvisol w/o iron and give her a couple of drops a few times a day and see if that helps. Sounds like your doing everything else you can possibly give them. Good luck and I hope your baby gets better real soon!!

5. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

6. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    [​IMG] from Northern Ontario Canada,

try posting your question in the Emergency/diseases area, you might get your answer in that section. Or search the forum, I am sure something will come up.

Ema

7. Marcymom3

Marcymom3 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm a newbie too. Welcome to BYC. Hope your chick will be okay soon.

8. Cadjien_De_Louisiane

Cadjien_De_Louisiane SWLA Gamefowl Breeder

Apr 18, 2011
    Welsh, LA
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

9. Wileyps1

Wileyps1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    Pennsdale, PA
    [​IMG] from PA [​IMG]

10. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. I have to agree with Barred Babies. I hope it helps. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by