Intro and requesting help!

I bought him at 2 weeks old in February 2022. Not sure if hes a bantum or a silkie.... i feed plenty of scratch but i also feed black sunflower seeds, oats, 10 grain, cracked corn and i throw crumbled oyster shells in their cage about every 2 weeks ....they have plenty of cover from the sun and water and wind, plenty of sun if they want it.
Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.

Unfortunately, what you are feeding them is not a balanced, complete diet. They should be on Flock Raiser or chick starter with oyster shell offered in a separate container for free choice feeding. Everything you listed should only be feed in tiny amounts. No more than 5% of the total diet.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined!
:welcome
Good luck with your bird!

I bought him at 2 weeks old in February 2022. Not sure if hes a bantum or a silkie.... i feed plenty of scratch but i also feed black sunflower seeds, oats, 10 grain, cracked corn and i throw crumbled oyster shells in their cage about every 2 weeks ....they have plenty of cover from the sun and water and wind, plenty of sun if they want it.
He is a boy, but that is not a balanced diet. I think your problem is a vitamin deficiency. I recommend you add Poultry Cell to his water, and switch him to a commercial All Flock feed ASAP. Switch all your chickens, stop feeding those grains, and offer oyster shell on the side.

Welcome to BYC. What @DobieLover said.
He is probably suffering from a vitamin deficiency. Buy some starter grower with at least 18 to 20% protein. Put electrolytes with vitamins in one waterer and fill another waterer with fresh water. Please do this today.
Good luck.
I agree with this and if he doesnt eat the starter try some hard boiled egg or scrambled egg.

Back
Top Bottom