Intro - Cajun Vineyards

Legendary ORC

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2024
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I grew up on a farm, but didn't live there my whole life. Left farm as a teen, joined army, moved around, and as it is time to settle down, I bought a farm.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Difficult question, I would say more than 80, less than 200

(3) What breeds do you have?
I am breeding a specific kind that will fit my small farm needs perfectly. (Legendary ORC though I am still working on the name)
I have mostly Lavender Orpington, Cornish, CornishX, Silkie, Serama, and Ayam Cemani.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They do work for me.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I have many, carpentry, electronics, music, fishing, engineering, hatching, and on and on

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am a cybersec nerd, IT/OT, Maritime Cyber, AI, and own a business. I have 6 kids and a wife who is still getting into farming (she is a city girl). We have great pyrenees, and a few Maine Coons as well as around 50 sheep, some KuneKune pigs, and NF Rabbits.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I used this site to research and get opinions, but without joining I could never add my 2 cents. I felt I know enough now about a niche topic to join and own the topic (raising CornishX)

Back
Top Bottom