intro from Cali

horsegal32

Hatching
Jan 26, 2015
Wilton, CA
Hello all! My name is Maren and I live on a horse boarding facility in Wilton, CA. (Near Sacramento). We keep a flock of chickens and of ducks here and I just love them all! We have several breeds of chickens that we have collected over the past year or so, including a Rhode Island Red rooster who is our top guy, and a variety of hens like a Delaware, some Leghorn commercial laying hens we rescued from the SPCA, a silver laced Cochin, a buff orphington, etc. These chickens have bred to make some very pretty mixed breeds that are now coming of age. We just love our chickens here and they get to live a good life free range on our 10 acres. We also have 5 ducks: 2 blue Swedish, 2 black (I cant remember their breed), and one that looks like a mallard female (I cant remember her breed either). I look forward to chatting with all of you!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Sounds like you have a great situation. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined us.

It sounds like you have a lovely varied flock! Good luck with them, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Back
Top Bottom