Intro from Ohioann

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ohioann, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Ohioann

Ohioann New Egg

Jan 27, 2010
    eastern Ohio
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I've had chickens off and on for over 60 years. Had white leghorns as a
    4-Her in the 50's and then again starting in the 80's when my husband and I were were no longer city bound. As a member and former director of the ALBC our chickens have been breeds on the conservation list. We have had Delawares, Dominics, Jersey Giants, Buckeyes and Welsummers. Have also had Welsh Harlequin ducks, and turkeys.
    (2) How many chickens do you have right now? Buckeyes (20+), Welsummers (6), and Midget White Turkeys (4)

(3) What breeds do you have? See #2

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? From the American Buckeye Poultry Club

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Gardening, reading, fiber (sheep, weaving, knitting, etc)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Just the two of now, our son and his family live about 25 minutes away. We have 40 mostly wooded acres in Eastern Ohio within 30 miles of the PA line. Husband is retired and I work with kids with multiple handicaps. We have 4 rescued mini donkeys, a retire Welsh driving pony and a couple of older shetland sheep that help keep the grass down. Just bought a cabinet incubator so am retiring the 2 foam incubators I've had so-so success with and see how many peeps we can pop!

2. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    [​IMG] from SW Ontario, Canada!

3. [​IMG] and [​IMG]
    From, VA

I know you will enjoy this forum a lot [​IMG]

4. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas size [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

6. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG]

7. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    Welcome Ohioann from Nevada! [​IMG]

We have 20 chickens in the middle of town. 2 golden lakenvelders, 4 BOs, 4 BRs, 7 RIRs, 3 cuckoo marans and I have 7 ameraucanas coming in April.
    We also have 2 DDs, 2 DSs, 3 granddaughters, as well as 2 dogs, a bunch of fish... We really need a larger piece of property.

8. Slywoody

Slywoody Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    MINN.
    [​IMG] From Minnesota.

9. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    [​IMG] from UT! Glad you joined us!

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us all!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by