Intro, New with Quail Underfoot

TGinTX

Chirping
Jul 15, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens quail/ when did you first get chickens quail? About 3 months from eggs

(2) How many chickens quail do you have right now? 20ish

(3) What breeds do you have? Cotournix in different feather

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard ? for eggs and needed Something in town

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Boating/pwc, aquarium, travel, artsy stuff

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Macaw, cat, guppy, tech job. Was looking for a sustainable protein source that could fulfill all dietary needs without a fridge, but live in city. It was this or beef jerky.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? It comes up in my searches for info often. Initially I was looking for a chicken that didn’t crow. Ended up with quail. Somehow I ended up with blue eggs and fawn and silver feathers.

There’s some of them. Most are the fawn color which I think is called Italian. If there is a standard mine likely don’t meet exactly. They are in 2 ferret cages so my flock won’t get very large. Actually I have to eat eggs daily to keep up and I think half are males. Most noticeable noise is the trill of the roosters. I’ve been calling the hen noise a quibble. I haven’t been able to butcher a male yet. I shouldn’t have been petting them when I feed and get eggs.

Attachments

• 29C6826D-31E7-467B-8B86-E1E4ECB88677.jpeg
    29C6826D-31E7-467B-8B86-E1E4ECB88677.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom