Intro with chicken pics

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tiki chiki, Oct 21, 2015.

1. tiki chiki

tiki chiki Out Of The Brooder

Oct 21, 2015
    Hi!! I'm new to chickens (as of this Feb) but love it so far! We have a flock of 6:

Penguin- our outgoing, silly but oh so untough black silkie roo
    Mugatu- cutest, lovable, talkative and hugable white silkie hen, can't say enough great things about her!
    Agnes- speckled sussex hen- #1 huntress award, she's the most feral in that she would definitely survive in the wild
    Stella- "big hen on campus" cuckoo marans, benevolent head hen/major glutton, always comes running
    Artemis- super-friendly, super adorable Ameraucana hen, also always comes running but lowest on the "big hen" pecking order (she's in the front in the 1st pic- don't have a good head shot of her that I can find easily)
    Dottie- super large and talkative (but most skiddish) black australorp hen, heart of gold and so pretty but not very outgoing with people
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We are in New Jersey and try to free range as best we can but we have a lot of predators out here including a hawk nest in the front yard, other hawks (red tails) overhead that have come down, eagles nearby, foxes and raccoons galore, occasional coyotes.

We also keep bees and have a big garden (and beginning of a small orchard).

We are in it for the fun of the chickens and for the eggs (mainly personal consumption and gifting to friends)

I'm considering expanding the flock because I love it! but we'll see :)

Anyway Hello and LOVE THIS SITE!

2. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Welcome to BYC! [​IMG] I love the flock - great breeds with great names!

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

5. chicksurreal

chicksurreal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2013
    Arizona
    Love your flock!

Welcome to BYC!

6. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi, I just welcomed you on your post about cohabitation of roos but wanted to say how nice to see your flock pictures! [​IMG]

7. 7littlegirls

7littlegirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2015
    Long Island NY
    Hi :frow welcome to you and your feathered friends to BYC :cd

8. CherriesBrood

CherriesBrood Chicken Photographer

Hello and :welcome We are glad you joined us! :) I love your flock! Such great, cute, and funny looking birds. ;) :p This is a great site to share your experiences, ask questions, and learn all sorts of stuff about chickens!

CherrisBrood~

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens - really enjoyed your pictures

10. Debbie B

Debbie B Out Of The Brooder

Oct 19, 2015
    Northeast Kansas
    Hi, Tiki Chiki! Was great to see those "portraits" of each bird in your flock as well as read the descriptions of their personalities. Welcome and hope to hear/see more about their adventures in the future. I'm new too and haven't any chickens yet as I'm still in the plotting and scheming stage, so I appreciate being able to enjoy everyone else's chickens in the interim. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by