Intro

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LaketownChick, Mar 24, 2018.

1. LaketownChick

LaketownChick Chirping

Mar 24, 2018
    West Michigan
    1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I am a newbie, just got my first batch a couple weeks ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

A baker’s dozen.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Orpington, Barred Rock, Americauna/Easter Egger, and Isa Brown.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Google searches during my research about owning chickens.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

SAHM, gardening, baking, tea drinking, and finding ways to be more eco-friendly.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, and your occupation.

I have two little girls, husband, Labrador, and Australian Shepherd. I clean PT nights at a local brewery and paint shop.

Attached Files:

2. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Smuvers Farm and 007Sean like this.
  3. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy:welcome:frow Happy:ya to have you join the family. Enjoy your time here at BYC! :)

drumstick diva and Smuvers Farm like this.
  4. Boots And Chicken Poop

Boots And Chicken Poop Chirping

Feb 26, 2018
    In the deep South!
    Great to have you!! :welcome Nice breed variety! :thumbsup And adorable chickies!! :love If you have any questions, BYC is here for you!!

drumstick diva likes this.
  5. Smuvers Farm

Smuvers Farm Melvin Up the Taterhole

Feb 16, 2017
    TN/Western KY Border
    :welcome:celebrate

Glad you're here !

A must have for your poultry is a FIRST AID KIT for any issues that would arise. (https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/suggestions-for-a-first-aid-kit.1150128/)
    It's definitely better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

Also, make sure your coop(s) have a proper amount of VENTILATION. (https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...-there-and-cut-more-holes-in-your-coop.47774/) Your chickens will absolutely thank you for it!

One last thing, if you're into gardening, feel free to join this years SEED SWAP (https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/seed-swap.1220129/)

007Sean and drumstick diva like this.
  6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams

G'Day from down under MrsMommyDekker :frow Welcome and Congratulations! :clap

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

Your chicks are adorable! If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of them and/or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

007Sean and drumstick diva like this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock, so glad you joined us :wee

007Sean likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: