Intro

Wavy

Chirping
Dec 6, 2019
South West NC
Hey! My name is Wavy.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I am not that new to chickens, but I’m always learning. I have been raising chickens from chicks since 2017? Maybe 16. I don’t really know to be honest but over a year or two.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Right now I have 7 chickens. 6 hens and 1 cockerel.

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have 3 Bantam Cochins (1 being the rooster), 1 Cochin, 1 Barred Rock, 1 Rhode Island Red, and 1 Ameraucana (or something like that).

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

The chickens! They are my pets. I don’t even like eggs that much nor the taste of chicken.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I draw a lot. Working on my portfolio right now.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

At the time I am making this, I am 19 and still live at home. Hopefully this will change in the next year. I have 2 snakes and a cat that belong to me as well.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

I have known about BYC from the beginning of chicken raising, just didn’t make an account till now because all my questions I could find answered with forums. However I now have a question I cannot find answered on here.

Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States, UK, Europe, Australia, Canada (for other countries, check here - Where am I? Where are you!)

Best wishes

Pork Pie

still trying to figure out how to do that, I’m on the mobile app so it’s a little more wonkier than it would be on the computer.
Go to Forums, then pick the forum that would apply to your question, such as coop building, or emergencies, or raising chicks. There are a lot of forums to choose from. When you go into the forum there will be a "button" to post a new thread.

Tell me what it's about and I'll give you a link to the right forum.

Go to Forums, then pick the forum that would apply to your question, such as coop building, or emergencies, or raising chicks. There are a lot of forums to choose from. When you go into the forum there will be a "button" to post a new thread.

:thumbsup

Oh I see, I don’t know where to put this question so I’m glad you offered. It’s about incubating an egg with a broody chicken pretty much.

Back
Top Bottom