introduce Dog to chicks... yes or no?

Seriously TrystInn.... that is one of the cutest, funniest things I have ever seen!
love.gif
IT!

My dog (a pudgy little chihuahua mix) and my mothers dog (German Shepard) are great with our chickens. They follow us into the coop and just play around but don't hurt my chickens. My little pudgy dog walks around and messes with em a bit but she isn't mean to them. I would just keep an eye on them when your dog was out there with them.

Definetely give it a try. I have a Weimaraner, Shih-Tzu and 2 cats and they all did fine from day one with little chicks, even my one cat who is pretty wild and I thought for sure would go nuts! I let them see and sniff the chicks when they were first little and everyone gets along. My Shih-Tzu fell head over heels in love with them and guarded them with his life. I had to physically carry him away at nighttime. They love him ,too and poke his ears and tail and he eats their food. We call him Chicken #7! The Weim, a bird dog could care less and only freaks out when they fly around. It's been one of my biggest joys about having the chickens, because I never thought everyone would co-exist like this. It's a real Peaceable Kingdom and it's awesome. Good luck, hope it works out nicely for you.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom