Introduce my cats

DaisyDean

In the Brooder
Mar 21, 2024
Anyone have any experience on introducing our cats to our chickens were soon going to have? My older cat LOVES to bring gifts to the door (birds, moles, gophers, ect) and im really worried hes going to have a hay day when the chicks arrive. Of course it'll be easier to keep them safe as chick's but once its time for them to be put in the yard, idk whats going to happen. Anyone have success with introductions between cats and birds?

Anyone have any experience on introducing our cats to our chickens were soon going to have? My older cat LOVES to bring gifts to the door (birds, moles, gophers, ect) and im really worried hes going to have a hay day when the chicks arrive. Of course it'll be easier to keep them safe as chick's but once its time for them to be put in the yard, idk whats going to happen. Anyone have success with introductions between cats and birds?
My cats and peeps/pullets have always gotten along well. I just let the cats see the chicks through a cage and keep an eye on them, and we all come to an understanding that chickens are not cat food.

With my last batch of chicks from Tractor Supply I got 2 Sapphire gems and 1 light brahma, my kitty Obi-Wan-Kenobi seemed to enjoy looking at them, but when we brought one of the chicks out to greet my cat, he pecked Obi on the nose 😳
I was thinking that if I brought the chicks out to see him, my cat would probably incubate them with his big 'ol tummy because he is so chill 😄

Back
Top Bottom