Introduced ducklings to the adults but have questions

It's def strange weather. We're in the 40's this morning, mountains of NC had to turn on the heat.
That's is nice temps for your little ones and it helps them to grow in the feathers quicker than inside in a warm brooder.
What breed/breeds did you get?

Last edited:
I looked at the weather for the coming week. Looks like it won't be warm enough for them to go outside (in the 80's) until Wednesday. Guess that works since I will be away until Tuesday. Makes things easier for my husband to take care of them.

I took mine out in the 70's as long as it wasn't windy. They would get around 15min of outside time.
They are tougher than we give them credit for. When my Muscovy hatch she brings them little things out when it's in the 50's some and they do great. It use to worry me but after many years of seeing these little ducklings enjoy their time out I stopped worrying.

It's def strange weather. We're in the 40's this morning, mountains of NC had to turn on the heat.
That's is nice temps for your little ones and it helps them to grow in the feathers quicker than inside in a warm brooder.
What breed/breeds did you get?
Also easier to clean out the brooder when they're not in it. LOL
Khaki Campbells. Same as our adult ducks.

Back
Top Bottom