Introducing 2 to 1

jb59

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 3, 2011
I have a turkey hen that free roams (used to be 1 tom with her but he isn't around anymore ). I also have two turkeys that I have penned up( 1 Tom and 1 hen). I want to introduce the Tom & hen to the free roaming hen. I'm not sure of the best method.

I should note that the free roaming hen is penned up at night and part of the day with approximately 15 chickens and 7 guineas. That pecking order is a story in itself.

This morning I tried to introduce them and the two hens were fighting with the Tom yelling at them.

I have a few years experience raising chickens, guinea, and quail, but fairly newbie with turkeys .

I should also note that all 4 turkeys (which includes the now dead tom) were all given to me at the same time last year and they were all originally raised together.

Thanks ahead for any suggestions on this.

Joe

You may have no other choice but to let the hens fight it out. Turkey fights can go on for days. Hen fights don't generally get as bloody as Tom fights. My hens occasionally fight even though they are together. Generally during the breeding season.

Back
Top Bottom