introducing 3, 2 week old ducklings to mother ducks?

Quote:
Aww, that would be nice to see. Lucky ducks... To answer your question, no, I don't have geese, I'd like to but I'm trying to cut down on animals, when you add it up taking care of them costs a fair bit, especially for all the treats they get... I have 2 horses, 2 ducks with their 2 ducklings, and extra 3 duckligns whicn inspired this thread, 1 cat and 2 Siamese fighting fish who should be bready to breed this arvo. I've had other animals, like Guinea-pigs, dogs, turtles, chickens, budgies, quails, cockateils, goldfish, other fish... and a few more I can't think of immediately...

Aww, that would be nice to see. Lucky ducks...To answer your question, no, I don't have geese, I'd like to but I'm trying to cut down on animals, when you add it up taking care of them costs a fair bit, especially for all the treats they get...I have 2 horses, 2 ducks with their 2 ducklings, and extra 3 duckligns whicn inspired this thread, 1 cat and 2 Siamese fighting fish who should be bready to breed this arvo.I've had other animals, like Guinea-pigs, dogs, turtles, chickens, budgies, quails, cockateils, goldfish, other fish... and a few more I can't think of immediately...
How are the new babies doing?

Yes, that's what I do when someone is looking into ducks, I tell them everything that can go wrong and how to prevent it and then they are turned off ducks, but ducks are amazing! And no matter what pet you get there are always going to be downsides. Like when parents make you take care of a gold fish before you get a "real pet" so goldfish arn't real pets?And from my experience fish are one of the hardest animals to take care of! At least of you have a mamal pet if something is wrong it is something wrong with the animal, but if you have a fish if somehting is wrong it can be wrong with both the animal, or the water or the filter or the PH etc.Then again, I do have fish and they are pretty nifty little things, and this weekend I'm am trying for the first time ot breed my fighting fish...

I neither understand why some people think of some animals not be real pets...maybe because you can't pet fish and cannot that easily identify yourself with such animals some people do not comprehend that they also have their needs.

How are your three ducklings doing? Has their digestion become better?

Quote:
They are doing really well, they have enough water to swim now so they've really cleaned themselves up, the diareoh has gone (I emptied the packet of canary mix onto the grass for the wild birds, what else is it good for?) and they are always looking forward to their tomato, cucumber, lettuce, carrot, cheese and come chicken mix... Overall they look happier and healthier, their eyes are clear, they are growing well, so yes, I'm very happy with them.

They are doing really well, they have enough water to swim now so they've really cleaned themselves up, the diareoh has gone (I emptied the packet of canary mix onto the grass for the wild birds, what else is it good for?) and they are always looking forward to their tomato, cucumber, lettuce, carrot, cheese and come chicken mix...Overall they look happier and healthier, their eyes are clear, they are growing well, so yes, I'm very happy with them.
that's great news, I bet they are happy with you too.

Quote:
Much better, no more diareoh now... They are still figuring out how to use the ramp for there swimming water and seem to be a bit scared of heights (although, the ramp is only a few centimeters off the ground but never the less...)

Hi all,
I have some very sad news, 1 of the ducklings was killed.
I had 2 sepperate pens for the ducklings and another pen for my other ducks and their 2 ducklings, the mumma ducks broke the wire of the ducklings pen and killed the eldest duckilngs, the other two wern't too good but were alive, my mum saved them before they were killed, they were then taken up to my uncle's place and he put them with his other ducklings which from what I hear they are getting better and are getting along with the other ducklings.
The day after this, the ducks (2 mums, 2 ducklings) were let out for the day and they all dissapered, there were feathers scattererd everywhere and a few fox holes in the yard.

Such tragic event to happen so closely together...
Thank you all for your help though,

Hi all,
I have some very sad news, 1 of the ducklings was killed.
I had 2 sepperate pens for the ducklings and another pen for my other ducks and their 2 ducklings, the mumma ducks broke the wire of the ducklings pen and killed the eldest duckilngs, the other two wern't too good but were alive, my mum saved them before they were killed, they were then taken up to my uncle's place and he put them with his other ducklings which from what I hear they are getting better and are getting along with the other ducklings.
The day after this, the ducks (2 mums, 2 ducklings) were let out for the day and they all dissapered, there were feathers scattererd everywhere and a few fox holes in the yard.

Such tragic event to happen so closely together...
Thank you all for your help though,
Oh wow so sorry, and just when things seemed to be going so good. So sorry for your losses.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom