Introducing ducks to small flock

Mandee297

Songster
Jun 30, 2020
Southern New Jersey
Hi BYC peeeeps
We are currently brooding three female Cayuga ducklings (pictured below. Holy cuteness). We will be keeping them inside until mid-November when we hope to transition them outside full time to live with our four pullets we brooded since May. We are going to get a duck house but would like them to share the run with the chickens. Was thinking of starting short visits to introduce them in a few weeks to free range? Any tips are appreciated. Or even your own experiences 💕🥰
The chickens we have our two white marans, a blue Easter egger and a partridge olive egger.
BF3714C4-DB0E-485C-8159-D8F9F51ADB87.jpeg

Since they will have their own coop I would divide the run temporarily. Your chickens need time to get used to them, otherwise you could see some aggression.

Since they will have their own coop I would divide the run temporarily. Your chickens need time to get used to them, otherwise you could see some aggression.
Thank you! We were actually thinking of having the ducks next to their run in a smaller run during day time hours so they can be close to each other too before they “move in”

Thank you! We were actually thinking of having the ducks next to their run in a smaller run during day time hours so they can be close to each other too before they “move in”
D5264EC8-6C45-4B54-AF39-DE825FE100B8.jpeg

In red would be where the duck house is eventually. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom