Introducing me :)

HPTheChickenTender

In the Brooder
Mar 19, 2019
Hello

Greetings BYC. I am new to the community. I wanted chickens for about ten years before I got them and finally broke the seal 3 years ago with a small flock of 4. I then hatched a few and bought 5 different breeds from a feed store. Unfortunately, my flock dwindled down to 7 this past year, and my favorite hen (Iggy) was taken by a raccoon, just a few weeks ago.

I currently have 6 laying hens, a rooster, and 30 chicks (3 of the chicks are Iggy’s….because I thought I was hatching Welsummer eggs…but it was a neat surprise)

I have mostly Welsummers and Jersey Giants, but I also have a Buff Orpington and Silver Lace Wyandotte from a hatchery. I have a black sex link that I hatched from my Welsummer rooster and one of my two cuckoo marans.

I wanted chickens for thoughts of “self-sustainability” but their personalities have won me over. I am fascinated at what comes naturally to them and how they interact with each other and their environment.

I have too many other hobbies to list, from classic cars to raising tilapia.

I am in healthcare sales and a doctoral student for public health beginning my dissertation.

I have known about BYC for years and have read several posts. I decided to significantly expand my flock this year and start breeding and wanted to participate in the discussion and engage in the community.

1byc-colorful-family.png

hithere.gif
Good luck in your breeding program! Hope you enjoy it here at BYC!

Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Please make yourself at home.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom