Introducing myself all the way from the U.K.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Hattie the Hen, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Hattie the Hen

Hattie the Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello there! I'm a bit nervous about this as our system for forums is a bit different here in Britain so be patient with me. I live in the country not all that far from Oxford. I'm a retired designer for the theatre and for a while I had a restaurant as well. When I was designing I did a lot of work in the USA and loved it. I was lucky to take several wonderful holidays there too. Now I live a very un-stressed life along with my chickens and my cat. I am also a volunteer in an Oxfam charity bookshop; books are another of my passions. I have a couple of chicken houses in which I keep 3 dorkings, 3 miniature White Rocks, 2 Andalusian X White Rocks and finally my mystery pullet who I rescued because I was fascinated by her. I now think she is a cross between a Cornish Game and a Dorking (she has 5 toes like my Dorkings but also has a pea comb and the stance, overall shape and thick legs of the C.ornish/Indian Game. I'm looking forward to taking part in your forum. Eventually I'll post some pictures once I'm organised!

2. Don

Don Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    Oil City, PA
    Well hello and [​IMG] !!!

I am sure you'll find it quite comfy here. The folks here are some of the most kind people I've interacted with.

I don't really think it will take much ... if any ... adjusting to get used to the forums here. [​IMG]

Again, welcome and I hope that you enjoy!

Peace,

Don

3. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Hullo, Hattie! We actually have a decent amount of British members and I am sure they will introduce themselves eagerly. I'm not one of them, though 've spent a fair amount of time in England. I have very fond memories of biking around Oxford as a kid. What a wonderful place to live!

Nice to hear from you - and we always love pics of the birds and coops of new members- hint, hint. . . welcome!

4. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Hi Hattie [​IMG]

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your chickens.
    Glad you found us! [​IMG]

5. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Hello and Welcome from Tennessee! [​IMG]

Dawn

6. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Hello and [​IMG]

7. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    [​IMG]

8. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

9. mksenoj

mksenoj Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    UpState, New York
    Hello - This is a wonderful site. Happy to have you here.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  10. Chick_a_dee

Chick_a_dee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    Oooo, I used to live in Essex, close to London, and my uncle used to live just outside Cambridge [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by