Introducing new ducks with aggressive drakes in flock???

I beg to differ on the drake issue. I love my drakes but I am very diligent in making sure they don't over breed any of their females or they will get time out. I see my drakes playing a role of caretaker of the girls that are theirs and I find it endearing. But there was a time and too many years that I kept all drakes that hatched here which meant having separate areas for them and their females [Muscovy] I now have just 1Muscovy drake and 2 Runner drakes much easier to handle.
This is why I asked as my 2 drakes really seem to be caretakers....just jerks at times :D

Oh yes they can be jerks caught my 2 Runners on one female yesterday and that got them separated last night. I love my drakes but know it's up to me to make sure things go good in the flock if I am going to keep them. I love to sit and watch my Runners especially those boys stand so erect on duty while their girls are foraging and if my oldest goes in at evening before his females he comes back out for them. It's just those hormones get the best of them. lol

Back
Top Bottom