Introducing ONE new bird

bantam lover 12

Hatching
Jul 2, 2016
hi, I'm new to the forum, so... HI!!I have 3 crossbreed bantams that are about 2 months old. one is definitely a cockerel. now I need to introduce 1 light Brahma that is a little larger than them. it's completely docile, and just subjects to them when we let her go near them, he (and sometimes 1 of the girls) will chase her around and take out the feathers around her neck. They all are completely fine with me, and even sleep on my lap. Do you think it will stop soon or have any ideas on what I should do?

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
I would suggest that you free range them together so that there are no concerns about space or territory. You can watch them, and whenever one of them starts being a bully, you just shake a soup can filled with rocks and pennies with duct tape over the top. They hate the noise, so if you do it consistently for a few minutes a day over a few days, you may see some improvement. Good luck!
smile.png

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I would recomended the see but dont touch method of introducing your new bird. I've used this method with great success and find it a great way of birds getting to know each other but without any injuries being caused. Once they have been become aquainted over a few weeks adding them should go more smoothly. Here is a fabulous article all about the method ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/introducing-new-chickens-using-the-see-but-don-t-touch-method

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined the flock!

Back
Top Bottom