Introducing our "small" flock and other animals

Greenbird0709

Chirping
May 27, 2022
Hello everyone. When I lost my job last year, my eldest daughter and her husband took me and my 2 teen daughters in. I always knew that animals were a big part of our family, but I never realized the extent of my daughter's addiction to poultry! At this time we have a true backyard rooster. We found him on the side of the road under a basket with a brick on top. His feet were broken. He hobbles, but still gets around, hold himself with dignity, and even has his own hen to keep him company. In addition to those two, we house 4 grown cats, 2 kittens, 5 dogs, 9 full grown goats, 4 baby goats, 5 geese (1 Chinese, 2 African, and 2 Emden), 4 gosling (3 Chinese and 1 African - the other African sadly passed), 4 turkeys, 9 ducks (unfortunately one disappeared during a severe windstorm), 2 bunnies (1 lop and not sure of the other) and waaaaay more chickens than I can count (we are talking probably close to 75. Amongst them are Seramas, Silkies, Ameraucanas, Barred Rocks, Delawares, Freedom Rangers, Orpingtons, Wyandottes, Polish, and many more.

Back
Top Bottom