Introducing two 12 week old pullets to single same age pullet

ErinYLiz

In the Brooder
Apr 28, 2018
San Mateo, CA
I am totally new to all this and have since had to give away two of my hand-raised chicks because they ended up being roos, leaving me with one pullet (Speckled Sussex). I picked up two 12 week olds (a Buff Brahma and a Salmon Faverolle). I guess I am wondering if they will ever all become as close as the three original chicks I had, who would roam all over the yard together as a pack. Will these three eventually bond and hang out. The two new pullets won't even leave the coop unless I make them. How long does it usually take for newbies to get comfortable with their surroundings and not be so fearful?

thx!!

It does just take more time, don't worry about it. They are all very young and will bond. How about a few more?
Mary
Thank you. I would love to get more but this is all we can manage at this time. At least they are managing together. I can't wait for them all to free range together. I feel bad for Ginger, who is the only one who feels comfortable doing so. So she is off by herself most of the day.

Back
Top Bottom