Introduction: Danielle from Utah

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dlagrave, Nov 12, 2008.

1. dlagrave

dlagrave Out Of The Brooder

Nov 12, 2008
    Hi All,

I just joined the forum. I have a small flock of chickens and find myself fairly smitten with the critters.

I have a mixed flock of feed store special orders (so they are supposed to be pure... not likely! LOL) which were 3 cuckoo Marans and 3 BLR Wyandottes. All pullets. Reality had my 3 BLRW pullets turn into 1 Blue Wyandotte pullet (who at 32 or so weeks has not started laying yet) and 2 blue Wyandotte roos. The 3 Marans pullets did better... 2 pullets and one roo. <g> I also bought 1 each GL and SL Wyandotte pullets - the GL is also a boy. <sigh>

I also aquired 3 pure Ameraucanas... 1 black roo (Spot), 1 splash pullet (Splish) and 1 blue pullet (Baby Blue). And lastly, I have a trio of "purer" Marans... a salmon and a wheaten pullet and a Birchen roo.

I plan on getting some "real" Marans this spring, and concentrating on playing with Marans and Ameraucanas.

I live in Utah, near SLC. Anyone else from this neck of the woods?

Danielle in Utah

2. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    [​IMG]

3. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

WELCOME TO BYC!!!!!!! [​IMG] your gonna love it here~! ive been here a while and i havent missed a day! its just as addicting as chickens! go and get yourself an icubator ! cuz youll beome a hatchoholic in no time! and i can gareentee your floc will grow! woohoo glad to have you!

4. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. jaybme

jaybme Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome! Sound like you have a great flock.

I am fairly new to BYC, and find it a wealth of information and support. I hope you do to!

Don't live near you though, darn it! [​IMG]

6. whatsup chickenbutt

whatsup chickenbutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Im from Utah!!
    Weber County!!

7. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

WELCOME! So nice to have you here!

8. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hi! I lived in Utah twice with a 12 year stint in Ohio in between those two times. Lived in Layton, Ogden and the last time, Roy. Air Force.

10. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

Sounds like you have a very pretty flock! Be sure to share some pics of them at some point!!

My Brother- and Sister-in-Law live in Salt Lake. Well, I think their address is actually Holladay (?).

Anywho, this is a wonderful place to learn, share, and enjoy yourself! WELCOME! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by