Introduction from Kentucky

Newby here in Kentucky. I have researched, studied, rented books, videos, etc.etc..on chicken's.

Found your site when I started to search for information on my new chicks situation. She pushed herself out and was dragging placenta and shell and it looks like something else was pulled out also. She's had some sugar water and she's not feeling well. So, I am back for some confirmation on the situation.

Glad to find your little treasure chest of wisdom.

Julie
Hello Julie :)

I'm not as advanced as the people here especially not with chicks, I only have adult chickens but the will be someone here that will know.

When one of my chickens are run down I use an electrolyte (you can purchase this) water or i make my own, which consists of sugar baking soda/bicarbonate soda and a little salt.

There are so many threads and article's here. Hopefully someone can guide too a chick thread soon. I hope you find your answer.

:welcome

You could start a thread here with this problem. Good luck

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures.10/

Last edited:
Hello Julie :)

I'm not as advanced as the people here especially not with chicks, I only have adult chickens but the will be someone here that will know.

When one of my chickens are run down I use an electrolyte (you can purchase this) water or i make my own, which consists of sugar baking soda/bicarbonate soda and a little salt.

There are so many threads and article's here. Hopefully someone can guide too a chick thread soon. I hope you find your answer.

:welcome
Apparently there is a baby chick electrolytes water and vitamins.

This is the adult chickens vitamins I use
20220315_194020.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom