Introduction from Portland, TN

3LilChickadees

Chirping
Oct 19, 2020
Middle Tennessee
Hello!

My husband and I bought 10 acres in rural TN. My oldest daughter wants a horse, but she will have to be content with chickens! She will be getting 24 hens and a rooster from the 4H chick chain project this spring. In the meantime, we need to learn as much as possible about raising and keeping chickens. We plan to free range to help with insect populations, especially ticks. We will most likely end up with a dozen laying hens (4H gets 6, we expect to lose some, and we'll sell the rest) Any advice is welcome!

I just pictured (in my mind) ,your daughter trying to ride a chicken!
-BYC-sign-flash.gif

Welcome to BYC.
You just landed yourself into a great network of very knowledgeable peeps plus, some have a good sense of humor too.
We are EGG-cited you joined us. So, grab a drink and a chair and learn a lot. Enter contests to win prizes.
Take pictures of your new flock when you get them and video your daughter riding that Chicken!!! Lol

Welcome to BYC.
You just landed yourself into a great network of very knowledgeable peeps plus, some have a good sense of humor too.
We are EGG-cited you joined us. So, grab a drink and a chair and learn a lot. Enter contests to win prizes.
Take pictures of your new flock when you get them and video your daughter riding that Chicken!!! Lol

I'm not worried about my girls (ages 8 and 10) riding chickens, but I might have to watch out for my 5yo son!

My dad has never owned chickens, but he is an "expert" on them. Problem is, the advice I've actually gotten from people with large yards is completely different to what he thinks is best. I'm looking forward to learning from people with ACTUAL experience 😁

Back
Top Bottom