Introduction - Hey there!

Wyndsong

Chirping
May 20, 2021
Tyler TX
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens. We don't have any yet, but we just got our chicken coop today, so we'll be buying our chickens soon!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

0, but we'll be purchasing two soon

(3) What breeds do you have?

We want to get Black Australorps

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

well, I don't know for sure what my favorite will be once I get chickens, but one of the main reasons I am getting them is for self sufficency!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

We're just getting started on homesteading. I also make junk journals, my husband loves woodworking and astronomy.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We live in northeastern TX. My husband and my mother live in a house on 6.5 acres. My youngest son lives in the same city, as well as my eldest sister and my MIL. My youngest son lives in Las Vegas (which is where we were before moving to TX. My husband and I have a small business that we've been running from home since the pandemic. It's worked out for our employees and it's been easier on us taking care of my mom and while I had back surgery in March. We also have a Bernese Mountain Dog, a Maine Coon cat, and an African Grey Parrot. Eventually we'd like to also have a flock of sheep, maybe ducks and goats or pigs.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

I don't know how long I've known about BYC, but I've used the resources here on the site to learn about chickens for a while now.

Back
Top Bottom