Introduction-Hi from California

Rdvillegas

Hatching
Mar 9, 2018
Hello my name is Raquel. I'm from north Los Angeles county area. I'm new to raising chickens. A lovely lady gave me her 3 chickens, a coop and plenty of supplies to help us get started. One chicken recently passed, she was older. So we decided to get 3 more. We have 2 Easter eggers, 1 Wyandotte, 1 barred rock (pullet) 1 Buff Orpington (pullet). It's been a little stressful with everyone getting along and used to the new environment. Every day gets better. We also have a mini Rex bunny. I have not introduced him yet to the chickens.
I'm excited to be Here!

penny1960

Yippity do Da Yippity ay
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Dec 29, 2015
Mossyrock, WA
Hello my name is Raquel. I'm from north Los Angeles county area. I'm new to raising chickens. A lovely lady gave me her 3 chickens, a coop and plenty of supplies to help us get started. One chicken recently passed, she was older. So we decided to get 3 more. We have 2 Easter eggers, 1 Wyandotte, 1 barred rock (pullet) 1 Buff Orpington (pullet). It's been a little stressful with everyone getting along and used to the new environment. Every day gets better. We also have a mini Rex bunny. I have not introduced him yet to the chickens.
I'm excited to be Here!

Hello Raquel Welcome to Backyard Chickens

Pork Pie

Flockwit
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Jan 30, 2015
Hi Raquel and welcome to BYC. Searching articles on integration should help you.

Here’s a link to the Articles section - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/ There you’ll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs.

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - Find Your State Thread

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Top Bottom