introduction of new bird

Bawkmeow

Chirping
Premium Feather Member
May 6, 2021
I am considering adding a new bird/birds to my flock. I have 2 coops and 2 runs. the 2 runs have a joint wall that has a pop door that can open so they can mix. One side my original girls BR, Lav Orpington, EE,Isbar,2Silkies and Bantam Cochin. Other side this year chicks 2 silkies and 1 bantam cochin. The 3 new girls have just been accepted to the original girls. I usually spend 1-2 hours with then, open both coop doors and let them roam in a fenced in yard area together. then I open the pop door and let them roam between the 2 runs for another hour or so. but then the rest of the day they are in their own runs. I am very happy every one is getting along. I would like to add a blue and possibly green egg layer. I am have a possibility of a wheaten ameraucana 2 months and OE same age. question is pro's and con's of adding just the wheaten to the 2 silkies and 1 cochin side all 24 weeks. or better to add both? or better to add them to the side with standard size chcikens? Both runs are 12X15 standard chicken side coop is 7x5 bantam side coop is 6x4. TIA

Back
Top Bottom