Introduction (sort of)

happyhens

Songster
12 Years
Jan 30, 2007
KY
On the old forum I am 19happyhens, that name didn't fit anymore! Since, of course, the number of chickens keeps changing. LOL I was hesitant to join ANOTHER forum, but here I am. Good to be here, though! So much for my resolution to spend less time on the computer!
roll.png
LOL For those of you who don't know me, here is a little info about me and the chicken hobby-
I got started in chickens 4 or 5 years ago, but had to give them up almost a year ago, due to dogs, foxes and the neighbors tomatoes (chickens were freeranging too far out and eating the neighbors tomatoes). I could have kept them if I had a bigger coop, but I didn't like feeling like I was keeping them in "jail" I felt they needed room to exercise and stretch their wings. I didn't have a run then (do now!) and they weren't really the breeds I wanted (a bunch of "fighting" banty mixes, I didn't fight them though!) They weren't laying enough eggs to suit me and were broody too often. So I sold out then. Recently though, I ordered 33 chicks from Cackle hatchery, consisting of~ 20 Black australorp pullets, 2 Black Australorp cocks, 5 Easter Egger pullets, 1 EE cockerel, and 5 Brown Leghorn pullets. I was going to order silkies or cochins for their qualities as broody hens, pets and just to mess around with breeding them, but Cackle hatchery wouldn't sell less than 25 bantams during the colder seasons. I think I'll buy a few later on from Ideal or buy some hatching eggs for my Little Giant bator. I am SO excited to be getting back into chickens! I can't wait for my chicks to arrive and start hatching again! And eating fresh eggs! And delighting some of my friends with fresh eggs! And watching them do their funny chickeny antics! And listening to their funny noises! And watching them drink! LOL I love watching them drink, I'm so weird
tongue.png
. And, and, and!!!

On the old forum I am 19happyhens, that name didn't fit anymore! Since, of course, the number of chickens keeps changing. LOL I was hesitant to join ANOTHER forum, but here I am. Good to be here, though! So much for my resolution to spend less time on the computer!
roll.png
LOL For those of you who don't know me, here is a little info about me and the chicken hobby-
I got started in chickens 4 or 5 years ago, but had to give them up almost a year ago, due to dogs, foxes and the neighbors tomatoes (chickens were freeranging too far out and eating the neighbors tomatoes). I could have kept them if I had a bigger coop, but I didn't like feeling like I was keeping them in "jail" I felt they needed room to exercise and stretch their wings. I didn't have a run then (do now!) and they weren't really the breeds I wanted (a bunch of "fighting" banty mixes, I didn't fight them though!) They weren't laying enough eggs to suit me and were broody too often. So I sold out then. Recently though, I ordered 33 chicks from Cackle hatchery, consisting of~ 20 Black australorp pullets, 2 Black Australorp cocks, 5 Easter Egger pullets, 1 EE cockerel, and 5 Brown Leghorn pullets. I was going to order silkies or cochins for their qualities as broody hens, pets and just to mess around with breeding them, but Cackle hatchery wouldn't sell less than 25 bantams during the colder seasons. I think I'll buy a few later on from Ideal or buy some hatching eggs for my Little Giant bator. I am SO excited to be getting back into chickens! I can't wait for my chicks to arrive and start hatching again! And eating fresh eggs! And delighting some of my friends with fresh eggs! And watching them do their funny chickeny antics! And listening to their funny noises! And watching them drink! LOL I love watching them drink, I'm so weird
tongue.png
. And, and, and!!!
I love it! I love it! Makes the rest of us feel normal.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom