Introduction to BYC

TurkeyLady26

Chirping
Apr 30, 2023
Hey everyone, I am a new member to BYC however I stumbled across these forums multiple times while researching about my birds and as I’m about to hatch out my first batch of eggs from the incubator, I decided to take the leap and finally join this wonderful community. I have four turkeys (three hens and a Tom) who I very much enjoy watching free range around the yard. When I purchased these turkeys at twelve weeks of age from a local breeder, she advised me on how to free range them with the best success and she is now my mentor. After watching my birds grow up through the fall and winter, going through the joy of finding out that I ended up with three hens and one Tom all the way until this past March when lay started laying for the first time it was such a fulfilling experience. Since it was still freezing out, my mentor recommended that I collect the eggs in order to encourage the hens to keep laying until it was warm out and they could then hatch their own clutch. Since I didn’t own an incubator at the time, she loaned me one of hers alongside bonuses of three extra turkey eggs and 13 chicken eggs! Now as my first ever batch of eggs is so close to hatch time, I found myself back here searching for different info in order to provide my future birds the best possible chance at thriving. As previously mentioned, I have four turkeys who have many quirks of which make my day (and sometimes concern me, typical turkeys 😂) and soon I will be the owner of many more chicken and turkeys, something I am greatly excited for. I am so grateful to be a part of this amazing community and thank you all for having me!

Hey everyone, I am a new member to BYC however I stumbled across these forums multiple times while researching about my birds and as I’m about to hatch out my first batch of eggs from the incubator, I decided to take the leap and finally join this wonderful community. I have four turkeys (three hens and a Tom) who I very much enjoy watching free range around the yard. When I purchased these turkeys at twelve weeks of age from a local breeder, she advised me on how to free range them with the best success and she is now my mentor. After watching my birds grow up through the fall and winter, going through the joy of finding out that I ended up with three hens and one Tom all the way until this past March when lay started laying for the first time it was such a fulfilling experience. Since it was still freezing out, my mentor recommended that I collect the eggs in order to encourage the hens to keep laying until it was warm out and they could then hatch their own clutch. Since I didn’t own an incubator at the time, she loaned me one of hers alongside bonuses of three extra turkey eggs and 13 chicken eggs! Now as my first ever batch of eggs is so close to hatch time, I found myself back here searching for different info in order to provide my future birds the best possible chance at thriving. As previously mentioned, I have four turkeys who have many quirks of which make my day (and sometimes concern me, typical turkeys 😂) and soon I will be the owner of many more chicken and turkeys, something I am greatly excited for. I am so grateful to be a part of this amazing community and thank you all for having me!
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom