Introduction to Mamaslittlefarm

Mamaslittlefarm

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2018
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes. We first got our chickens last year. We brought 9 home from the local feed store. Sadly we lost one that day, and one to a raccoon or skunk (My son's little Silkie:()

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Right now we have 5 hens (it's been a learning curve with the cold Utah winters) and 5 babies that are just about 7 weeks. My kids have already asked for 4 more Silkies to be named after the Dragons in How to Train your Dragon

(3) What breeds do you have?

Amerucana
SexLink
Wyandottes
Golden Phoenix
Leg Horn

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Multiple Google searches trying to identify all the chicks we brought home (our kids pick them mostly on cuteness factors)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We have 6 kids (5 at home & one in North Carolina), 3 dogs, 4 goats, 4 ducks, and a horse (and i just got a message that my hubby is bringing home 2 goslings and 2 Russian Orloffs) We recently moved from the suburbs to 4 acres in a small mountain community and are loving the slower pace. We are dedicated to our animals, and our kids are active participants in caring for all of them.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes. We first got our chickens last year. We brought 9 home from the local feed store. Sadly we lost one that day, and one to a raccoon or skunk (My son's little Silkie:()

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Right now we have 5 hens (it's been a learning curve with the cold Utah winters) and 5 babies that are just about 7 weeks. My kids have already asked for 4 more Silkies to be named after the Dragons in How to Train your Dragon

(3) What breeds do you have?

Amerucana
SexLink
Wyandottes
Golden Phoenix
Leg Horn

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Multiple Google searches trying to identify all the chicks we brought home (our kids pick them mostly on cuteness factors)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We have 6 kids (5 at home & one in North Carolina), 3 dogs, 4 goats, 4 ducks, and a horse (and i just got a message that my hubby is bringing home 2 goslings and 2 Russian Orloffs) We recently moved from the suburbs to 4 acres in a small mountain community and are loving the slower pace. We are dedicated to our animals, and our kids are active participants in caring for all of them.

nice bio Welcome to the always fun land of Backyard Chickens

Alt-WELCOME-farmer-connie-1.gif
hi.gif

G'Day from down under Mamaslittlefarm :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock and/or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

Back
Top Bottom