Introduction: Xhynokei

Xhynokei

Chirping
Aug 10, 2021
Hello everyone, my name is Xhynokei, or otherwise Claudia, and this is my introduction ☺️

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I first had chickens in my childhood from about the age of 5 to 9 when I lived in New Zealand (I live in America now). Those times are some of my most precious memories, and I still remember most of their names 15 years later.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Right now I have four chicks that are almost 7 weeks old, with 3 more on the way in the coming week.

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have a male Sebright, a gold laced Polish, a buff laced Polish, and a black Silkie bantam. The other 3 will be a white silked Easter Egger, a blue Orpington, and a Barred Rock.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Since having chickens in my childhood, having chickens has been a bucket list goal for my adulthood, which I finally achieved recently 😄 They're such great little friends, and it's so relaxing to hang out with them, and gaining their trust feels so special. The eggs are a nice bonus, but honestly I just keep chickens for the companionship personally.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Mostly I just play games and watch movies in bed lol, chickens are my biggest purpose right now, since I'm not allowed to work until I get work authorisation since moving to America. My husband has been an angel funding my chicken keeping, and it's been wonderful experiencing it with him as this is his first time having chickens 😁

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I moved to America from Australia (my secondary home after NZ) at the end of 2020 so I could start my life with my husband, who I was in a long distance relationship with for 5 years 🥰 We've had our chickens together for almost 7 weeks now, and he is absolutely in love with our silkie, Jaxxie. Our other chickens are Meiko (Sebright), Izalith (Gold Polish) and Buffy (Buff Polish).

Back in Australia I lived with my parents and older sister, who have 3 cats and are looking to get some chickens again themselves, thanks to me 😂 I don't have any other pets yet myself, but someday when my husband and I live by ourselves I'd like to get a couple of cats, and maybe a Maremma dog to protect the chickens.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I've known about BYC for a few weeks since I got my chicks, because I am constantly looking up information on chickens and this site is one of the top sites I keep finding the answers in, so I figured I may as well join so I can ask questions myself and get answers from knowledgeable people who love chickens themselves 😁

That's it for my intro, I look forward to interacting with this community 😄

88F6DE46-F151-427B-8923-B9D74FA69476.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom