introduction

rogerdyer

Hatching
Mar 26, 2016
Hey I'm just starting out and I'm wondering if its 5 hens per rooster or 10 hens per rooster I've heard both and I'm not sure which one's right

It doesn't matter.Roosters will pick out certain hens to breed so regardless of what you do i won't effect much.

Thanks OK I got my rooster he's half ameraucana and half something else can't remember what he's mixed with but I'm wondering what the laying rate for an ameraucana is

Acutally it is 10 hens per Rooster. They usually overbreed the hens that are easiest to catch. If you only have a few hens they will be in sad shape. If you have 10 hens, you can rotate the rooster back and forth to half the hens in a pen maybe one week, and then with the other half next week.

Most Ameraucanas are actually Easter Eggers - which is a particular mix that will produce tan, green, pink, light blue eggs. Only one color per hen.

welcome-byc.gif

Drumstick diva has given you great advice so I'll just say hi!

So, I'm new to this site. I have been a chicken owner for about 12 yrs now and acquired a Bourbon tom n hen. He's fully mature and she's coming into the lil lady. Will she make noise before laying or after like a chicken hen ???

Back
Top Bottom