Introduction

Laura Murphy Bevis

In the Brooder
Oct 1, 2017
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
This is my third attempt to raise chickens. The first group were all killed by kids in the neighborhood, That was horrible. The next year I raised 23 chickens and at 5 months my dog broke in and killed t hem all. Here I am now with 19 chickens and I am finally getting eggs.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I have 4 silkies 4 months old, 3 polish and 1 Easter egg Er 3 months old and then the major flock of 11: 1 rock, 5 buff, 1 bantam roo, 1 bantam buff, 3 RI red.

(3) What breeds do you have?as above

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Looking for blogs and answers

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Right now chickens as I work 2 jobs

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am a nurse practitioner as a stroke manager and also work ER for a large level 1 trauma center in Kansas. I have 2 boys 19 and 21. I have 5 dogs and most recently bought a Aussie Shepard mini to watch over the chickens. He does great as one escaped and he pinned her down until we got there. My husband and I maintain the coop. We built our coop from pallets and it is definitely a home made coop but they like it.

Welcome Cool.gif

You are quite determined to have chickens!

I bet you have learned a lot about protecting from urban predators. There are a lot of resources for that stuff here too.

Back
Top Bottom