Introduction

Sgtpatrick

In the Brooder
Mar 12, 2018
good morning! I just recently got into chickens and ducks about 8 months ago and my girls are finally laying! It was a rough winter for the flock! I started with 6 chicks out of a straight run and ended up with 2 hens and a rooster. My golden retriever broke into the coop and that’s why the other three died. That problem has been fixed though. I now have 35 hens and 3 roosters and will start breeding soon. Just bought an incubator Last night I also have 13 little ducks, 6 goats, 2 pot bellied pigs and she actually just had 8 babies! Man was that an experience lol. 4 dogs, 3 cats and 3 rabbits. And an old Russian tortoise who loves strawberries! Lol im 28 from Indiana. Spent 10 years on active duty in the army and was medically separated. Now I’m just trying to build up my own little homestead. I live in an old farm house with just under two acres but I’m hoping to be able to buy some of the field around me! Not very familiar with the breeds of chickens yet but once I am, I’ll let you guys know what I have! still trying to think of a name for my farm! Lol

good morning! I just recently got into chickens and ducks about 8 months ago and my girls are finally laying! It was a rough winter for the flock! I started with 6 chicks out of a straight run and ended up with 2 hens and a rooster. My golden retriever broke into the coop and that’s why the other three died. That problem has been fixed though. I now have 35 hens and 3 roosters and will start breeding soon. Just bought an incubator Last night I also have 13 little ducks, 6 goats, 2 pot bellied pigs and she actually just had 8 babies! Man was that an experience lol. 4 dogs, 3 cats and 3 rabbits. And an old Russian tortoise who loves strawberries! Lol im 28 from Indiana. Spent 10 years on active duty in the army and was medically separated. Now I’m just trying to build up my own little homestead. I live in an old farm house with just under two acres but I’m hoping to be able to buy some of the field around me! Not very familiar with the breeds of chickens yet but once I am, I’ll let you guys know what I have! still trying to think of a name for my farm! Lol
awesopme.jpg

farmer-connie-welcome-v3.gif

Back
Top Bottom