Introduction

Stargrazer

Chirping
Oct 31, 2018
New Port Richey
Hello,
I am pretty new to the chicken keeping thing.
Wanted to give a quick intro.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes. My first one found me. I found her in my backyard in February. Walked her all over the neighborhood but no one would claim her. She's a RIR and was an answer to a prayer I had.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
RIR, 2 Dominiques, 2 grey ?, And 2 Brahmas

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Their personalities.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Boating, shooting.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Have two cats. Am married, work for an aircraft company repairing flight instruments, and own chickens, which I never dreamed I would own.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Searched for answers to chicken problems/issues and always end up here with the best ones.

Hello,
I am pretty new to the chicken keeping thing.
Wanted to give a quick intro.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes. My first one found me. I found her in my backyard in February. Walked her all over the neighborhood but no one would claim her. She's a RIR and was an answer to a prayer I had.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?
RIR, 2 Dominiques, 2 grey ?, And 2 Brahmas

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Their personalities.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Boating, shooting.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Have two cats. Am married, work for an aircraft company repairing flight instruments, and own chickens, which I never dreamed I would own.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Searched for answers to chicken problems/issues and always end up here with the best ones.
awesopme.jpg

You will fit in well here!

Wow! Thanks for such kind words. I want to say more but I'm so limited on down time. Ruby is the RIR that found me. I prayed for over a year for a bird to come up to me as a sign that my Dad was saved and in heaven. He lived with my husband and I and had died very suddenly. I was destroyed. Dad and I were very close and I needed to know that he was with Jesus now and with my Mom. Had no idea it would be a chicken that would tell me yes. It may seem silly to some but I'm a big believer in signs and ask for them often. It helps gives me peace and hope, and direction in my life. I also don't mean to get all religious as each person has their own thing. I was just trying to give my back story on my unforseen chicken ownership. Ruby has been a HUGE learning experience. There's much more to my chicken story but it's bedtime.
Thanks again for all your responses.

Back
Top Bottom