Hensley Flock

Chirping
Dec 7, 2018
Goliad, TX.
My name is Kat, I’m fairly new to chickens in general. I got them around March this year (2018) and I’ve never been happier. They helped me through my horrible stage of depression and continue to do so!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I suppose I am quite new to chickens, considering it’s been less than a year!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have 20 chickens (+3 guineafowls)

(3) What breeds do you have?

Rhode Island Red, Plymouth Rock, And a Broiler hen

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

My favorite aspects would have to be getting to know the chickens as people, I’ve learned who is who just by the way they act/their personalities, and they are all just absolute angels. With anxiety i have a hen, Harley, who is quite a stinker but she always knows exactly when i need her infamous “Harley Hugs”

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Some of my other hobbies are nothing like raising backyard chickens, I’m into digital editing!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My family is a small one, we have our ups in downs but our chooks have definitely bonded us. We don’t have many animals anymore, three dogs, five cats, and 20 chickens-(Oh my!)

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

Me and my mother have always come here for insights for raising chickens, but I just joined because it’d be a lot easier than looking for a thread to actually make one myself. ;)

Hello Kat,

What a nice introduction! I think if you fall in love with chickens when you are young, you will always be in love with them. We had a small family and lived in the country. When I was a kid, none of my "best friends" were human, and the stories those critters could have told! Harley sounds great.

Welcome to BYC!!

smiley xmas hello.gif

Hi Kat, thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom