Introduction

SydneyAdair

In the Brooder
Mar 21, 2020
Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Brand new to chickens. We were planning on getting chickens this summer, but I had an incubator and 7 eggs "fall into my lap" when the other 3rd grade teacher was doing a life cycle unit, and could not take them to her house when the school closings started. One hatched yesterday!
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

1 officially. A Black Australorp chick. (Baby Solo, we've started calling it.)
(3) What breeds do you have?

Black Australorp, Rhode Island Red, and White Leghorn.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I've been so drawn to the idea of raising function animals, but also with personality!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Teaching, coaching softball, health and fitness, and beginning gardening.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a wonderful fiance, who supports many of my "bright ideas", a cocker spaniel named Skip, a German Shorthaired Pointer named Annie, and a Leopard Gecko named Whispers.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I have been reading BYC posts for the last few months in an effort to research when I needed to go into chickens this summer. It has come more in handy these last few weeks as I am preparing to hatch these little babies and do a coop reno at the same time!

Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Brand new to chickens. We were planning on getting chickens this summer, but I had an incubator and 7 eggs "fall into my lap" when the other 3rd grade teacher was doing a life cycle unit, and could not take them to her house when the school closings started. One hatched yesterday!
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
1 officially. A Black Australorp chick. (Baby Solo, we've started calling it.)
(3) What breeds do you have?
Black Australorp, Rhode Island Red, and White Leghorn.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I've been so drawn to the idea of raising function animals, but also with personality!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Teaching, coaching softball, health and fitness, and beginning gardening.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a wonderful fiance, who supports many of my "bright ideas", a cocker spaniel named Skip, a German Shorthaired Pointer named Annie, and a Leopard Gecko named Whispers.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I have been reading BYC posts for the last few months in an effort to research when I needed to go into chickens this summer. It has come more in handy these last few weeks as I am preparing to hatch these little babies and do a coop reno at the same time!
FarmerConnieWel878867byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom