Introduction

Mcap

In the Brooder
Jun 16, 2020
Hi all I am looking forward to learning a lot for this community. I thought it easiest to go through the questions below as my introduction.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am completely new only building an enclosure for them at the moment.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? None right now but hoping to have 4 soon. I am also getting a peahen with 4 eggs on Friday, June 19th. I am very excited to get her. I also have a semi wild female pheasant sitting on a clutch of 13 eggs. (she has escaped from a local gun club)

(3) What breeds do you have? I will be getting rescue commercial layers so not sure what breed. A ring necked pheasant and an Indian blue peahen

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Being able to have your own fresh eggs. Also they are wonderful little animals. I can't wait to get to know mine!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Horses, photography, archery and foraging.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. My family is myself and my partner, my dog, cat, horses, pheasant and soon to be peahen. I am an ecologist. I have recently bought my dream property and able to start setting up a small homestead.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I found BYC through Internet searches. I found the information in the threads really helpful so decided to join so I can learn more and hopefully in the future share my experiences as well.

Back
Top Bottom