Introduction..

Yes, they will. I had 4 pullets go broody this year alone. I broke all of them.
The best mothers are the older hens that rank high in the flock.
Thanks for the info. That's good to know. I've never had one go broody until the following spring. I was always told they didn't. :thumbsup

How old is the older flock? if I read what you wrote correctly you have 4 weeks old in the coop that have been there for 2 weeks? Is that right? Which means you are already brooding in the coop with a heat source?
They ones that are presently awaiting gen.pop.were already featherd when purchased so they didnt need heat plate.

They ones that are presently awaiting gen.pop.were already featherd when purchased so they didnt need heat plate.
Then they are older than 4 weeks.
How many birds do you have of each group?
What size is your coop in square feet? What size is your run in square feet? Do you free range?

What size is your coop in square feet? What size is your run in square feet? Do you free range?
Uhm..I have 1 bantam 4 red hens..4 slw..2 b.splash silky Roos that are my oldest flock..bout 1 to 2 yrs old..the 4 that are wsiting gen.pop are 2 leghon roos..and 2 spec.suxxes..and msy be 2 months the oldest all ree range the run is about 20 by 20 and coop is like 8 by 10

Ok I have 4 red suxxes hens..4 SLW..1 black Bantam cochin..2 b.Splash silky roos..thats my gen.pop. the i guess 2 month olds are 2 leghorns and 2 rir that are being introduced so far for 2 weeks in a separate but inside main coop..my run is 12 by 12..main coop is 8 by 8

Ok I have 4 red suxxes hens..4 SLW..1 black Bantam cochin..2 b.Splash silky roos..thats my gen.pop. the i guess 2 month olds are 2 leghorns and 2 rir that are being introduced so far for 2 weeks in a separate but inside main coop..my run is 12 by 12..main coop is 8 by 8
And i forgot..I do free range..lol

Back
Top Bottom