Introduction

draftyhen

In the Brooder
Sep 21, 2021
My name is Chris. I have had chickens for years but after I broke my back, I had gotten rid of them, and this year am getting back into them, and I am just so excited. I had 26 barred rock hens before and now I have 42 barred rock pullets. We tore down the old chicken coop and are now building our new one. I have 2 jack russells, a male and a female and I do agility with my male but will start next session with my female. They are pretty good with the couple of older americana chickens my son has that run around the yard, the usually herd them, dont try to hurt them at all. I also kayak and hike with my dogs. I cant wait to be back on this website and share this wonderful chicken hobby with the rest of you. I had an account before but when trying to login with my old email and password, it wouldnt let me, so I am now draftyhen LOL I used to have draft horses so usually my user name was draftygurl but decided to go with draftyhen this time LOL I love how smart chickens are and personable, I used to be found when I was little in my cousins hen house all day when we visited their farm, and it never left me. I am from northwest Indiana, and barred rocks are my favorite. I keep a light bulb in the coop all fall, winter and spring on all day, and they never let us down with tons of huge eggs.

My name is Chris. I have had chickens for years but after I broke my back, I had gotten rid of them, and this year am getting back into them, and I am just so excited. I had 26 barred rock hens before and now I have 42 barred rock pullets. We tore down the old chicken coop and are now building our new one. I have 2 jack russells, a male and a female and I do agility with my male but will start next session with my female. They are pretty good with the couple of older americana chickens my son has that run around the yard, the usually herd them, dont try to hurt them at all. I also kayak and hike with my dogs. I cant wait to be back on this website and share this wonderful chicken hobby with the rest of you. I had an account before but when trying to login with my old email and password, it wouldnt let me, so I am now draftyhen LOL I used to have draft horses so usually my user name was draftygurl but decided to go with draftyhen this time LOL I love how smart chickens are and personable, I used to be found when I was little in my cousins hen house all day when we visited their farm, and it never left me. I am from northwest Indiana, and barred rocks are my favorite. I keep a light bulb in the coop all fall, winter and spring on all day, and they never let us down with tons of huge eggs.
Welcome to back to BYC! I'm glad to hear you recovered from your back injury!

Hi Chris! I’m Jenny, a newbie to BYC. Welcome (back)!

1632268996478.png

Back
Top Bottom