Introduction:-)

Texaschickenfam

In the Brooder
Jan 19, 2022
Hi all, names Amanda. Just going to copy and paste all the questions and answer them right here to introduce a little about myself
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We have had chickens for about 5 ish years now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Right now we have about 25 hens and a few weeks ago got 40 more chicks

(3) What breeds do you have?
We have a mix of olive layers, leghorns, copper maran, cuckoo maran, and some cross breeds that were hatched from those. Are chicks are Brahmas and Cuckoo Marans

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
All the fun the kids have with having them lots of eggs.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
We raise nubian goats and love to garden
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We are a family of 9 (part of the reason for the chickens is because of having a lage family) We just moved to a small farm/ homestead so we are expanding on what we already have been doing.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I have been seeing the threads from BYC for a while, when I Google a question I usually find a thread with the answer I need on here. Finally joined because I had a question to post. Very impressed with the promt responses

Hi and welcome to BYC! I got chickens last year in early spring for eggs but I've been slowly adding chickens to the flock this entire year. I have 8 silkies, 1 Cuckoo Maran, 1 Orpington, 4 Orpington/Rhode Island Red crosses, 1 Isa Brown, 3 Gold Sex Links, 2 Black Sex Links, and 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes!
Welcome!!!

Back
Top Bottom